- Verify Gatekeeper is still turned on
- Go to System Settings
- Security and Privacy
- Verify Gatekeeper is set to Mac App Store and identified developers
- Be sure to not install apps from unidentified sources
- You will be presented with a dialog like the one below asking if you are sure you want to install an application from an unidentified developer.
- If you DO NOT know this developer and trust the application you are installing, hit Cancel. When it doubt, live without the application.
So there you have my opinion. This vulnerability is just a hype to get headlines. Enjoy your day and be safe out there.